Each one of us faces a variety of concerns in our daily lives. Occasionally, these issues build up and become too much to handle alone. An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can help your employees work through these problems and resolve them before they start to interfere with their daily job duties.
Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services, Inc., is a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program that provides for the needs of companies and their employees throughout North America. We strive to provide personalized services in a friendly and professional manner. We are proud of our 30-year history – compared to many “national” EAPs, we have been around for just as long (if not longer!), and some of our corporate clients have been with us for over 25 years. This is a testimony to the quality of the work that we do and our committment to customer service for both the corporate as well as the individual clients that we have.
Please click on any of the following categories to learn more about our agency and our wide range of services!
- Comprehensive EAP Services
- Supervisor Consultation
- Job Coaching*
- Trainings & Organizational Development*
- On-site Counseling*
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)*
- Pre-Employment Assessments*
- Exit Interview Services*
- About Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services
- Why Offer an EAP?
* – Fees for these services are separate from the standard contract cost. Please contact us for details.
Comprehensive EAP Services
Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services includes the following:
- Account Management team ensures quality customer service—each company has its own dedicated Account Manager available to answer questions and resolve problems
- Free, confidential, face-to-face counseling sessions (up to a contracted number) per person – customizable to meet your organization’s needs
- Standard contracts make the EAP available to all full-time and part-time employees, as well as any immediate family members living in the employee’s household (can be customized upon request)
- Nationwide provider network
- Financial, legal, or other community resource referrals
- Coordination with a certified Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) for DOT violations (note: actual SAP services are additional and not covered by EAP)
- Supervisory coaching and HR support
- EAP promotional materials, including a monthly electronic newsletter, brochures, posters, etc.
- Quarterly and annual statistical reports that won’t compromise confidentiality
- On-site employee and supervisory EAP orientations for companies over 100 employees; CD-ROM or VHS training video available for companies under 100 employees
- Access to our password-protected Work/Life section, which contains links, articles, and other various resources
- 24/7 toll-free number: 1-800-543-5080, with a separate toll-free number for supervisors
Download our Marketing packet for more information and a sneak peek at our promotional materials!
Mazzitti & Sullivan also offers job coaching as a separate service from the EAP. The focus of coaching is development and implementation of strategies to reach client-identified goals of enhanced performance and personal satisfaction. Coaching may address specific personal projects, life balance, job performance and satisfaction, or general conditions in the client’s life, business, or profession. Coaching utilizes personal strategic planning, values clarification, brainstorming, motivational counseling, and other counseling techniques.
The relationship between the coach and client is specifically designed to avoid the power differentials that occur in the counseling relationship. The client sets the agenda and the success of the enterprise depends on the client’s willingness to take risks and try new approaches. The relationship is designed to be more direct and challenging. The client can count on the coach to be honest and straightforward, asking powerful questions and using challenging techniques to move the client forward. The client is expected to evaluate progress and when coaching is not working as the client wishes, the client should immediately inform the coach so they can both take steps to correct the problem.
It is also important to understand that coaching is a professional relationship. While it may often feel like a close personal relationship, it is not one that can extend beyond professional boundaries both during and after the coaching work. Considerable experience shows that when boundaries blur, the hard won benefits gained from the coaching relationship are endangered.
Our staff can also coordinate individual and/or group on-site counseling services for emotional occurrences that affect the workplace, such as the death of a coworker or upcoming layoffs or dismissals. For more serious incidents, we recommend Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM).
Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)*
When a traumatic event (also known as a critical incident) occurs at work – for example, an assault, a robbery, or a severe accident – it can affect the staff in a single department or even the workplace as a whole. The after-effects of such an event can last for days, even weeks. Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) can help ease the physical, social, emotional and cognitive impact of a traumatic event on employees. This helps you retain your employees and keeps your company running efficiently. In general, Defusings and Debriefings are designed to reduce acute stress from a traumatic event and help identify employees who may need additional help. All of our EAP staff members are certified by the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, and only trained staff and affiliates are dispatched to a CISM Debriefing/Defusing.
There is a 2-hour minimum for CISM Debriefing/Defusing services, and includes group discussion as well as one-on-one contact and follow-up. Depending on the number of people involved, additional CISM-trained staff members may be utilized.
Exit Interview Services*
Mazzitti and Sullivan EAP Services is constantly striving to meet the changing needs of our clients. In light of this, we have recently implemented a service to conduct Exit Interviews on behalf of our corporate clients. It is an ideal situation for an employer who wishes to gather honest, straightforward information from employees who voluntarily leave the organization, since Mazzitti & Sullivan is able to interview the former employees and present the collected information in a comprehensive and confidential report.
This added service allows an employer to obtain information from former employees regarding their tenure with the company, and reasons for resignation. There are times when a former employee may be more willing to disclose potentially delicate or unpleasant information to a third party rather than the former employer directly – for example, if the employee was being harassed in any way, or felt that the workplace was unsafe. The confidential process ensures that the former employee can sincerely speak his or her mind without fear of retaliation.
Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services will work with Human Resources and management to design an Exit Interview questionnaire and procedure that will work best for your organization. We can contact individuals via telephone, e-mail, and/or first-class mail.
As long as the company maintains a separate contract for Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Services with Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services, no additional retainer will be charged for Exit Interviews. The company is only charged a set fee per completed employee exit interview, with billing done on a quarterly or annual basis.
About Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services
Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services is an organizationally separate division of Mazzitti & Sullivan Counseling Services, Inc. The EAP division has its own dedicated staff, phone and computer systems, operating policies and procedures and data management systems and forms. Our main office is located at 3207 North Front Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
Mazzitti & Sullivan Counseling Services, Inc. was established in 1983 by Chuck Mazzitti and Andy Sullivan out of a common desire to help people. They have been developing, implementing, and administering Employee Assistance Programs since 1984, and both still maintain an active role in the company even though their staff has grown. Our history is rooted in outpatient clinical services and clinical professionals lead our operations rather than business school graduates. As a result, we know what it means to be a provider, a client, and an employer. We have found that by concentrating on individual care, service delivery, and successful outcomes, our business has grown, our reputation has grown, and we encounter an increasing number of opportunities for success. Our commitment to client care and customer service has led us to develop numerous Employee Assistance Program models for our corporate clients throughout Pennsylvania and across the United States.
While many of our competitors (local, regional, or national) offer 3, 4, 5, 6, or 8 session models, they often restrict access to services to once a year. Their models also offer only the contracted number of sessions (3, for example) for the entire family. On the other hand, our 3-session model allows 3 sessions for each person living in the household, including children living with an ex-spouse and those away at college through age 18 (23 if a full-time student). The rate billed to the employer is only based on the number of full- and part-time employees, so it’s like getting families for free! By having a flexible and expansive benefit design, we are much more likely to address and solve many of the problems presented to our EAP without the client ever utilizing their health insurance benefits. The percentage of our clients who resolve their problems without using their health insurance averages 90%. When you add all of the management support services that we offer to this comparison, it is clear that our programs offer a great deal more to your corporate clients and their employees than our competitor’s programs. In fact, our popular 3 session model offers more benefit that most vendors’ 6- or 8-session model, at a lower price per employee. However, if you are interested in any number of sessions, we would be happy to provide those quotes for comparison.
Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services strives to provide personalized services every step of the way, from program implementation to reports and regular communication, and we endeavor to provide the highest quality services with the greatest level of client satisfaction. We offer competitive pricing and consistently above-average utilization of our services, which are all-inclusive. There are no “hidden charges” for promotional materials, and if a service has an extra cost, we will tell you up front.
We are unique at Mazzitti & Sullivan because of our commitment to providing personalized service to both our corporate and employee clients whether they are a large corporation with many sites or a small local company with 15 employees. We strive to meet individual needs and tailor our services so they are convenient and trouble-free for those who utilize our services. We pride ourselves on building personal relationships with our corporate clients, and each one of our corporate clients is assigned a dedicated Account Manager who is responsible for overseeing and maintaining the needs of the contract regardless of its size. The Account Manager ensures that the program runs effectively and promotes employee awareness of the EAP program. Our long-standing track record with many companies proves that we succeed in these goals.
Benefits of an EAP
The Employee Assistance Program benefits not only the employer, but also employees, their family members, and unions.
- A reduction of inappropriate health care utilization resulting in reduced health care costs.
- Lowered absenteeism and tardiness rates, which improves employee productivity.
- Fewer accidents, which equate to lower illnesses, injuries, and workers compensation costs.
- Improved employee morale because of the employer’s commitment to employee wellness.
- Enhanced tool for supervisors to use in managing employees – offers a professional resource for troubled employees.
For the Employee
- Permits employees and their immediate family members to seek counseling on their own and in confidence.
- Enhanced confidentiality. EAP deflects stigmatization and assists in job security.
- Enhances early intervention which promotes employee and family health.
- Promotes assessment and access to treatment services.
For the Union
- Results in fewer employee discipline, grievances, and arbitration costs.
- Increases the quality of work and results in more job protection.
- Provides for early intervention and access to appropriate health care treatment.
- Offers an outlet for struggling employees, which can ultimately help them to keep their jobs.